What Your Favorite Nail Polish Brand Says About You
Do you have hundreds of old nail polishes that you need to throw away, or are you the type to organize your cosmetics until your bathroom looks like Sephora? Are you into classic reds or daring nail art? You can tell a lot about a person from looking at her nail polish. Here’s what your favorite brand says about you!
You’re a woman who knows what she wants, and you’re not afraid to shell out $8 for it. You’re practical. You know that it makes more sense to invest in one high-quality polish than to buy three cheap ones. You always look put together.
2. Sally Hansen’s Hard As Nails
You’re a woman on the go, so durability is important to you. When you’re swimming, rock climbing, scaling walls, solving crimes, and kicking criminals in the crotch, you need a cheap polish that clings to your nails like a champion.
You’re a strong, capable, fully grown woman. You get a paycheck. You pay bills. You’re too busy and important to settle for a brand that’s just going to chip in two minutes, and you’re far too glamorous to worry about the $10 it costs to buy your favorite polish. You’re one classy broad.
You buy this brand mostly because its name reminds you of an owl meme. That’s hilarious to you. You’re easily amused.
You’re the kind of person who does her research. You knew you wanted a drug store brand, so you tried them all, took notes, and decided on the product with the most bang for its 5-dollar buck. Your friends come to you for advice.
6. The cheap polishes you get at the check-out counter at a teen clothing store
You’re not ashamed to shop at Wet Seal or Forever 21. You’re spontaneous, you’re creative, and you’re not about to tie yourself down to one expensive bottle when you can have hundreds of adequate ones. Your friends are jealous of your outgoing style.
You daydream about walking the runway with Kendall Jenner and being one of Karl Lagerfeld’s pets… but you can’t actually afford clothes with designer labels. Spending $30 on polish gives you a taste of the glamour you crave without making you get a second job. You strongly identify with one of the Gossip Girl characters.
by Hayley Hoover
- Enter for a chance to win select nail products from the Beauty Awards nominees
- NAILS and CND Name Next Top Nail Artist Top 24 Semi-Finalists
- Essie Launches Gel Couture
- Essie Introduces its 1000th Shade: a Shimmering Citron
- China Glaze Nails Festival Fashion
- ‘Nail Lounge Edition’ For Industry Experts, Professionals, And Vendors
- Essie Goes Retro for its 35th Anniversary
- Global Beauty Masters Do Battle on TLC
- BCL Spa Valentine’s Day Nail Art Contest
- BCL | CND | Tippi Hedren Nail Scholarships Recognize Emerging Nail Artists