New Martinsburg store combines nail salon, candles, soap, artwork
Name of business: Yes, M.A.M.
Owner: Melissa Myers
Address: 123 N. Queen St., Martinsburg, WV 25401
Opening date: Aug. 1
Products and services: Nail salon with extensive gift shop featuring Mel’s Smells candles and soap.
Target market: Everyone
How did you get into your business, and what motivated you to start it?: Mel’s Smells was established in 2005, selling hand-poured soy candles and handmade lye soap. In 2013, I opened a small space on West Burke Street that also included crafts from local artisans. In 2014, I decided to relocate to a bigger space on Queen Street. At the time, I was training to become a nail technician. Since the new space was so large, I decided to merge Mel’s Smells with the new venture of a nail salon. The business was renamed to Yes, M.A.M. (Manicures at Mel’s). The larger space not only allowed me to merge two businesses, but it allowed me to offer local artisans consignment opportunities for their crafts.
Previous business experience: Mel’s Smells
Number of employees: Two or three
Hours: Wednesday and Thursday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Friday, 10 to 7 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Phone number: 304-707-3247
Facebook page: facebook.com/yesmamwv
from link: www.heraldmailmedia.com
- NAILS’ Continuum Giveaway Sparks Shock and Awe
- Nail Salon Dramedy Gets Picked Up by TNT
- Essie Announces Revamped Gel Line
- Savvy Salon: The Spa at Dollywood’s DreamMore Resort
- Happy 40th Anniversary Orly!
- POLISH Artisan Nails to Participate in Celebrity Gift Lounge in Honor of 2016 Golden Globe Nominees
- Medinail Offers Free Training and Accreditation
- A.I.I. Acquires Hollywood Fashion Secrets
- NAILS Parent Company Buys Modern Salon Media
- HIRING EVENT FOR NEW NAIL SALON!!! (North Charleston)