Nail The Metallic Trend With One Of These Glittering Manicure Ideas
This is a Marie Advertorial
The catwalks shone bright with metallic glamour this season, as everyday outfits and evening pieces were injected with an intense hit of glitz and shimmer. And just as the trend spilled over into everything from ‘70s to utility chic, it has also emerged as a big nail art must-have.
Much more low-key, but still packing a punch, the new metallics are no longer just in silver tones: Stretching from pastel shades to midnight hues, this spring has thrown some surprising colours into the mix.
Giving yourself a metallic manicure is also easier than it is with flat colour: The fine, courser texture of a metallic nail colour is far more forgiving and smudges and streaks will barely notice, meaning you can achieve a more professional-looking finish, without heading to the salon.
If you want to trial the trend straightaway, start with a light bronze, which sits somewhere between the gold and silver spectrum, to instantly give your look that SS15 edge. Unexpected and totally sexy, pale bronze is the new nude and suits any skin tone. We recommend Black Diamond nail polish by Azature in Bronze Diamond, which will complement any outfit.
A subdued metallic shade is perfect for the office, while a darker, more brooding colour will work well after hours. Inky hues might not immediately bring summer to mind, but this year, you’ll be wearing them regardless. Every colour from chocolate to tropical green and navy to midnight black is getting an SS15 makeover with glimmering new finishes to instantly update your digits.
Use a mix of summer’s hot metals to give your manicure an ombre makeover. Coat nails in a pink glitter and follow with an upward sweep of intense black glitter for a professional-looking finish. Black Diamond nail polish by Azature in pink and black will give you the desired effect.
However you try it, metallic nail colour is an absolute must-have this season, so get your metal on with a brand new manicure…
by Lyndsay Conway
- Enter for a chance to win select nail products from the Beauty Awards nominees
- NAILS and CND Name Next Top Nail Artist Top 24 Semi-Finalists
- Essie Launches Gel Couture
- Essie Introduces its 1000th Shade: a Shimmering Citron
- China Glaze Nails Festival Fashion
- ‘Nail Lounge Edition’ For Industry Experts, Professionals, And Vendors
- Essie Goes Retro for its 35th Anniversary
- Global Beauty Masters Do Battle on TLC
- BCL Spa Valentine’s Day Nail Art Contest
- BCL | CND | Tippi Hedren Nail Scholarships Recognize Emerging Nail Artists