So Cool! Here's How a Celebrity Nail Artist Brainstorms Before the Emmys
Here's something fun I just had to share with you all this afternoon: Celebrity/editorial nail artist Whitney Gibson gave us all a little peek into how she brainstorms nail ideas before a big event—in this case, the just-around-the-corner 2014 Emmy Awards (airing Monday, August 25).
"Work and play, every day! At the park thinking about #emmynails with @jennahipp polish and my @lavaqueprofessional thumb palette", she captioned this Instagram, which shows a vivid watercolor-print fan serving as part of her color inspiration. (Curious about that thumb palette? Here's a video of how nail artists use this clever invention.)
I love seeing the different color pairings she's toying with and the lists of "new-new" nail art concepts she might try—looks like we might be seeing some latticework and peekaboo keyhole nail polish on the red carpet this time around.
Can't wait to see which ideas make it from Whitney's notebook onto the red carpet. I'll keep you posted as soon as Emmys film starts rolling in!
by Petra Guglielmetti
- Enter for a chance to win select nail products from the Beauty Awards nominees
- NAILS and CND Name Next Top Nail Artist Top 24 Semi-Finalists
- Essie Launches Gel Couture
- Essie Introduces its 1000th Shade: a Shimmering Citron
- China Glaze Nails Festival Fashion
- ‘Nail Lounge Edition’ For Industry Experts, Professionals, And Vendors
- Essie Goes Retro for its 35th Anniversary
- Global Beauty Masters Do Battle on TLC
- BCL Spa Valentine’s Day Nail Art Contest
- BCL | CND | Tippi Hedren Nail Scholarships Recognize Emerging Nail Artists