Current Obsession: Laqa & Co. Nail Polish
Out of all the beauty products out there, I've been obsessed with nail polish the longest. Every week since I was 12, I've been doing my own nails. I'd go through phases: French manis, glitter polishes, intricate nail art and even wearing black exclusively (because I also went through an Avril Lavigne phase). Thus, I developed a steady hand and can confidently say I'm ambidextrous when it comes to polishing my digits. At-home manicures got even easier when I discovered Laqa & Co.
The cosmetics brand created convenient nail polish tubes, akin to lip gloss, for easy application. The innovative polishes come as nail polish pens ($14), nail polish duos ($16) and individual nail polishes ($13) in slim bottles that make nail art a breeze. What truly caught my eye, however, was the gorgeous packaging on each product. Every item is wrapped in unique designs created by young artists, and each purchase supports the creator with a portion of its proceeds. Doesn't that make you want to collect them all?
The polishes are also three-free, meaning they don't have harmful ingredients such as formaldehyde, tolune or DHP that are typically present in conventional brands. My favorite polish from the collection is the Lacey Gold Fleck Manicure Duo ($16), which earned me compliments from fellow StyleBistro editors. The double tube is three nail looks in one and easy to throw in a purse for quick manis on the spot.
Shop Laqa & Co.'s nail polishes here.
by Kristina Rodulfo
- Enter for a chance to win select nail products from the Beauty Awards nominees
- NAILS and CND Name Next Top Nail Artist Top 24 Semi-Finalists
- Essie Launches Gel Couture
- Essie Introduces its 1000th Shade: a Shimmering Citron
- China Glaze Nails Festival Fashion
- ‘Nail Lounge Edition’ For Industry Experts, Professionals, And Vendors
- Essie Goes Retro for its 35th Anniversary
- Global Beauty Masters Do Battle on TLC
- BCL Spa Valentine’s Day Nail Art Contest
- BCL | CND | Tippi Hedren Nail Scholarships Recognize Emerging Nail Artists