5 nail trends to know for Spring/Summer 2015
So, which colours should we be wearing for the season ahead? The experts at OPI shared five top nail trends from the S/S 15 shows at New York Fashion Week...
1. Lattice effect
At the Azede Jean-Pierre show, manicurists used OPI's creamy off-white shade My Vampire Is Buff to create matte latticed French tips on an oval shaped nail. The look was complete with with Matte Top Coat to play off the knitwear in the collection. Nail art has never looked so chic.
2. Half-moon manicure
A nail art favourite returned to the catwalk at Charlotte Ronson's NYFW show. OPI's That's Hula-rious! was used to create this cutout design to complement her youthful collection. "I adore this look!" said nail art specialist Sophie Harris-Greenslade. "I think we'll definitely be seeing more negative space nail art looks next season.
3. Embellished nudes
Backstage at Houghton, nails were painted with OPI's Base Coat, followed with two coats of Samoan Sand, then sealed with Matte TopCoat and finished with hand placed Swarovski crystals. "I absolutely love this manicure, it's clean and simple," said nail trend and colour specialist Trish Lomax. "The embellishment, gives it another dimension."
4. Impact colour
OPI and Jeremy Scott created colorful patterned nails that accentuated the collection's vibrant prints. The nails were prepped with OPI's Base Coat, before Feelin' Hot-Hot-Hot!, I Just Can't Cope-Acabana, A Good Man-Darin Is Hard To Find, Can't Find My Czechbook and A Grape Fit! were painted on the nails in varying directions using a dry brush technique to achieve a look of playing with paint.
5. Blush pink
Models' nails and toes for the Reem Acra Show featured OPI's Bubble Bath, a soft, milky pink to complement the show's romantic, feminine looks. Nails were lacquered with one coat of Base Coat, two coats of Bubble Bath, and sealed with Top Coat. The classic hue was carried onto toes to complete the romantic pale pink look.
- Enter for a chance to win select nail products from the Beauty Awards nominees
- NAILS and CND Name Next Top Nail Artist Top 24 Semi-Finalists
- Essie Launches Gel Couture
- Essie Introduces its 1000th Shade: a Shimmering Citron
- China Glaze Nails Festival Fashion
- ‘Nail Lounge Edition’ For Industry Experts, Professionals, And Vendors
- Essie Goes Retro for its 35th Anniversary
- Global Beauty Masters Do Battle on TLC
- BCL Spa Valentine’s Day Nail Art Contest
- BCL | CND | Tippi Hedren Nail Scholarships Recognize Emerging Nail Artists