- ALLERGIES AND ASTHMA & AROMATHERAPY?
- Is aromatherapy popular in your area?
- Spray Cans for Airbrushing?
- CARPAL TUNNEL AND OTHER AILMENTS
- HOW TO DO A SET IN 45 TO 60 MINUTES?
- Odorless or uv acrylic whose system do you use?
- HOW TO REMOVE GEL NAILS (But why would you want to?)
- U-V GEL NAIL LIGHTS FOR CURING PRODUCT
- NAIL DRILLS
- NAIL BREAKAGE
WHAT TYPE OF POLISH IS YOUR FAVORITE?
Nail enthusiasts have favorite brands and they spend money on specialty polishes. In fact, 47% look for specific brands when shopping for nail polish. 57% say salon brands are most popular followed by mass brands (18%), organic brands (15%), and last, luxury brands (4%). Where are nail enthusiasts shopping? Superstores, including Walmart or Target (54%), specialty beauty retailers, such as Sephora or Ulta (51%), drugstores,
such as CVS or Duane Reade (39%) and online (27%).
We asked nail enthusiasts who read either NAILPRO or our sister publication Nail It! what type of polish is their favorite – and here’s what they said!
Classic cream finishes ranked the highest (at 67%), which makes a lot of sense – people want to have a lacquer that covers the nail in only one or two coats and leaves a glossy, vibrant finish. Creams are also the predominant finish in spring and summer collections – just take a look at the OPI Hello Kitty collection or CND Flirtation.
Glitter did come in a close second at 66%. Our favorite thing about glitter? You can use it to create incredibly easy nail art without having veteran painting skills. We rounded up a few genius ideas in our glitter gallery to help you get started.
Matte is also growing in popularity (they came in fourth place at 48%). We saw tons of velvety satin nails at New York Fashion Week – including this pretty sand manicure. A matte finish also works well over neon hues during the summer – like hot pink, orange, and yellow.
What kinds of polish do your clients ask for the most?
from link: www.nailpro.com
- NAIL BRACELETS: New trend sees women designing intricate jewellery on their fingernails
- Signature Services: Toasted Coconut Hot chocolate Pedicure
- The 2016 NAHA Finalists Announced!
- New York Salons Must Pay $2 Million in Back Wages
- Why Do Gel Nails Crack? There's A Reason Behind This Annoying Phenomenon
- Face & Body Northern California Adds Nail Pavilion
- Finger lickin’ good — or gross? KFC launches chicken-flavored nail polish in Hong Kong.
- Talking Business: Tami’s Tips & Toes offers relaxing atmosphere
- We Tried Kylie Jenner’s New Nail Polish Collection
- NYC Thief Is Partial to Essie Polish