- ALLERGIES AND ASTHMA & AROMATHERAPY?
- Is aromatherapy popular in your area?
- Spray Cans for Airbrushing?
- CARPAL TUNNEL AND OTHER AILMENTS
- HOW TO DO A SET IN 45 TO 60 MINUTES?
- Odorless or uv acrylic whose system do you use?
- HOW TO REMOVE GEL NAILS (But why would you want to?)
- U-V GEL NAIL LIGHTS FOR CURING PRODUCT
- NAIL DRILLS
- NAIL BREAKAGE
New York Salons Must Pay $2 Million in Back Wages
One year after New York Governor Mario Cuomo established a task force to investigate wage and labor violations with nail salons, he has announced that $2 million is owed to about 650 nail techs. The figure includes back pay and damages.
The investigation uncovered employers who were paying their workers less than minimum wage (currently $9 an hour in New York), and who were not compensating for overtime. In some cases, workers had wages deducted for things like gloves and masks, which by New York state law salon employers are required to provide.
To date, 450 nail salons have been tagged for investigation; 383 have been completed, resulting in 143 salons that are required to turn over unpaid wages. Most of those salons are in New York City.
by Nails Magazine
- NAIL BRACELETS: New trend sees women designing intricate jewellery on their fingernails
- Signature Services: Toasted Coconut Hot chocolate Pedicure
- The 2016 NAHA Finalists Announced!
- Why Do Gel Nails Crack? There's A Reason Behind This Annoying Phenomenon
- Face & Body Northern California Adds Nail Pavilion
- Finger lickin’ good — or gross? KFC launches chicken-flavored nail polish in Hong Kong.
- Talking Business: Tami’s Tips & Toes offers relaxing atmosphere
- We Tried Kylie Jenner’s New Nail Polish Collection
- NYC Thief Is Partial to Essie Polish
- What you should know before getting artificial nails