- ALLERGIES AND ASTHMA & AROMATHERAPY?
- Is aromatherapy popular in your area?
- Spray Cans for Airbrushing?
- CARPAL TUNNEL AND OTHER AILMENTS
- HOW TO DO A SET IN 45 TO 60 MINUTES?
- Odorless or uv acrylic whose system do you use?
- HOW TO REMOVE GEL NAILS (But why would you want to?)
- U-V GEL NAIL LIGHTS FOR CURING PRODUCT
- NAIL DRILLS
- NAIL BREAKAGE
'Miniature works of art' - nail artist Emma Leak wins national award
Emma Leak's work is so realistic it looks like it has been printed digitally. But the nail designs are all hand-drawn to create any image her client wishes.
Now Emma, 25, has won a national award after painting miniature portraits of characters from the Toy Story films.
"It took me five hours for every face, so I did one a night over one week," she said.
"I think its the shading and details that's involved that they really have picked up on."
The intricate work won Emma the Pro Hair and Beauty Nail Artist of the Year and the chance to spend a day working on a photoshoot with make-up artist Ruby Hammer, hair stylist Andrew Barton and nail expert Karen Louise.
It was an exciting experience but Emma, from Elloughton, is just as satisfied working with clients in their homes through her mobile beauty business, Stickla and Cake.
"I have been doing it for three years now and it's all just been world of mouth," she said.
"People respond really well to someone who does a proper job. I would rather stay with someone ten minutes longer and make sure it is spot-on rather than rushing."
Her perfectionism is a family trait seen also in her grandad, who inspired the company name.
"I was trying to think of something really different and my grandad was a stickler for being on time," said Emma.
She changed the spelling to "stickla" and added cake as a nod to her grandad's affection for a slice or two.
Now she is looking forward to creating new designs with the only limit being the imagination.
"I don't have time to practice, so people just have an image ready or idea and I do it for them," said Rebecca.
"I did art A-level at school, so I do have a bit of a skill for drawing.
"It's being able to offer that service so people can have something different."
from link: www.hulldailymail.co.uk
- NAIL BRACELETS: New trend sees women designing intricate jewellery on their fingernails
- Signature Services: Toasted Coconut Hot chocolate Pedicure
- The 2016 NAHA Finalists Announced!
- New York Salons Must Pay $2 Million in Back Wages
- Why Do Gel Nails Crack? There's A Reason Behind This Annoying Phenomenon
- Face & Body Northern California Adds Nail Pavilion
- Finger lickin’ good — or gross? KFC launches chicken-flavored nail polish in Hong Kong.
- Talking Business: Tami’s Tips & Toes offers relaxing atmosphere
- We Tried Kylie Jenner’s New Nail Polish Collection
- NYC Thief Is Partial to Essie Polish