- ALLERGIES AND ASTHMA & AROMATHERAPY?
- Is aromatherapy popular in your area?
- Spray Cans for Airbrushing?
- CARPAL TUNNEL AND OTHER AILMENTS
- HOW TO DO A SET IN 45 TO 60 MINUTES?
- Odorless or uv acrylic whose system do you use?
- HOW TO REMOVE GEL NAILS (But why would you want to?)
- U-V GEL NAIL LIGHTS FOR CURING PRODUCT
- NAIL DRILLS
- NAIL BREAKAGE
How to Fix Weak, Splitting Nails
Soft or brittle nails that easily crack, chip, split or peel are quite common, but there isn’t always an underlying cause. Often it’s the result of contact with moisture. “When hands are immersed in water, the moisture content of nails increases and, as a result, the nails become soft. This excess water is quickly lost upon exposure to a dry atmosphere,” explains Adriana Schmidt, M.D., a dermatologist at the Santa Monica Dermatology Group in Santa Monica, California. “Repeated wetting and drying leads to a lack of adhesion between the cells of the nail plate and splits develop.” What’s more, splitting may be more pronounced in longer nails, which have more surface area. To help, techs can trim nails short, avoid acetone or acetone-based polish removers and apply nail hardener, Schmidt suggests.
You may also consider recommending waterless manis to these clients to avoid worsening the issue. “Then, retail a deeply moisturizing hand cream with glycerin, lactic acid or urea,” she adds. Additionally, a quality cuticle oil is advised and, at home, clients should apply the cream and oil to the cuticles and rub it in daily. It’s also a good idea for clients who are susceptible to weak or splitting nails to wear gloves when working with water or chemicals.
Products to Help Weak Nails
Fortify natural nails with hardeners that promote growth and lasting length.
1. ARTISTIC NAIL DESIGN Correction Gel
2. COLOR CLUB Gro2
3. MIA SECRET Nail Hardener
4. MORGAN TAYLOR Go Ahead and Grow
5. OPI Nail Envy
6. ORLY Nail Armor
Images: Getty Images; respective manufacturers
from link: www.nailpro.com
- NAIL BRACELETS: New trend sees women designing intricate jewellery on their fingernails
- Signature Services: Toasted Coconut Hot chocolate Pedicure
- The 2016 NAHA Finalists Announced!
- New York Salons Must Pay $2 Million in Back Wages
- Why Do Gel Nails Crack? There's A Reason Behind This Annoying Phenomenon
- Face & Body Northern California Adds Nail Pavilion
- Finger lickin’ good — or gross? KFC launches chicken-flavored nail polish in Hong Kong.
- Talking Business: Tami’s Tips & Toes offers relaxing atmosphere
- We Tried Kylie Jenner’s New Nail Polish Collection
- NYC Thief Is Partial to Essie Polish