- ALLERGIES AND ASTHMA & AROMATHERAPY?
- Is aromatherapy popular in your area?
- Spray Cans for Airbrushing?
- CARPAL TUNNEL AND OTHER AILMENTS
- HOW TO DO A SET IN 45 TO 60 MINUTES?
- Odorless or uv acrylic whose system do you use?
- HOW TO REMOVE GEL NAILS (But why would you want to?)
- U-V GEL NAIL LIGHTS FOR CURING PRODUCT
- NAIL DRILLS
- NAIL BREAKAGE
5 easy ways to improve your nails
We all want strong, beautiful and long-lasting nails, but doing our day-to-day activities like washing dishes can greatly affect their condition.
Your nails are similar to your hair in that if you don’t invest in its regular upkeep, it will become weak and break.
How do you know when your nails are weak and brittle?
This happens when your nails start to chip, crack, peel or tear quite easily. According to Medicine Net, this may be a sign of ageing, using too much nail polish or exposure to moist conditions.
To avoid this, here are 5 ways to keep your nails healthy:
• Do NOT soak your hands too long in water
When your nails are dipped in water, they absorb and contract as they dry, which subsequently dries out your nails. Avoid this as your nails might become vulnerable to cracking.
This also makes your nails soft, which might result in your nails tearing or ripping apart. Use lukewarm water and soap instead to wash your hands.
TIP: Wear cotton lined rubber gloves when doing the dishes or washing your car.
• Avoid acetone nail polish remover
Acetone dries out your nails, according to Prevention, acetone removes protective oils and leaves them dry and brittle. Opt for acetone-free nail polish remover by looking at the ingredients before buying the product.
TIP: Choose a non-toxic natural nail polish instead.
• Trim your nails
Long nails may look elegant, but they can break easily. According to Julep, shorter nails are less likely to break, due to the fact that the edges and surface area of the nails are less exposed to water or chemicals. Do NOT bite your nails and if you simply can't help yourself, treat it with tree oil as the taste will deter your taste buds.
TIP: Always keep a nail file handy and ALWAYS file in one direction.
• Moisturise your nails
Use hand cream to not only moisturise your hands, but also your nails and cuticles. There are many products that protect your nails from drying or splitting, such as rubbing olive oil or almond oil daily.
Massage the oil or lotion in circular motions until the product is fully absorbed. After washing your hands, rub lotion to soften and avoid cracked or dried nails.
TIP: According to Avogel, you can brighten and get rid of discoloured nails by scrubbing your nails with a slice of lemon or soaking them in apple cider vinegar.
• Make your manicures last
Increase your manicure longevity by decreasing the amount of times your nails get exposed to nail polish remover. According to Julep, excessive use of nail polish remover can dry your nails, especially if you do not moisturise after application. Make you nail colour last longer by pushing back your cuticles and using a hydrating base coat and durable top coat.
from link: www.women24.com
- NAIL BRACELETS: New trend sees women designing intricate jewellery on their fingernails
- Signature Services: Toasted Coconut Hot chocolate Pedicure
- The 2016 NAHA Finalists Announced!
- New York Salons Must Pay $2 Million in Back Wages
- Why Do Gel Nails Crack? There's A Reason Behind This Annoying Phenomenon
- Face & Body Northern California Adds Nail Pavilion
- Finger lickin’ good — or gross? KFC launches chicken-flavored nail polish in Hong Kong.
- Talking Business: Tami’s Tips & Toes offers relaxing atmosphere
- We Tried Kylie Jenner’s New Nail Polish Collection
- NYC Thief Is Partial to Essie Polish