- ALLERGIES AND ASTHMA & AROMATHERAPY?
- Is aromatherapy popular in your area?
- Spray Cans for Airbrushing?
- CARPAL TUNNEL AND OTHER AILMENTS
- HOW TO DO A SET IN 45 TO 60 MINUTES?
- Odorless or uv acrylic whose system do you use?
- HOW TO REMOVE GEL NAILS (But why would you want to?)
- U-V GEL NAIL LIGHTS FOR CURING PRODUCT
- NAIL DRILLS
- NAIL BREAKAGE
10 FESTIVE WINTER NAIL POLISH COLLECTIONS FOR ALL YOUR HOLIDAY MANICURE NEEDS
Once the day after Thanksgiving hits, it's socially acceptable to do things like burn Nest holiday candles 24 hours a day, watch "A Christmas Story" on endless loop, eat cookies with Hershey's kisses smooshed into them and go heavy on the glitter nail polish. Whether your tastes run classic and understated or full-on disco ball, there's a winter polish out there to help you meet your manicure #goals. (And if you want to paint candy canes or dreidels on your nails, go ahead. This is a no-judgment zone.)
Essie understands that winter doesn't end once you recover from your hangover on Jan. 1, so its winter collection, which takes a ski resort theme, includes cheery reds, mild sparkle and some toned down pastels.
Colors: Haute Tub, Apres-Chic, Virgin Snow, Altitude Attitude, Shall We Chalet?, Peak Show.
This year, Chanel's whole winter makeup collection is an homage to Vamp, the nail color that launched a thousand moody manis 20 years ago. Revisit the old favorite and try two new shades which complement it perfectly.
Colors: Rose Fusion, Vamp, Top Coat Lamé Rouge Noir.
$27 each, available at Chanel.
OPI always offers tons of choice in every collection it does, but the brand has really outdone itself with this winter "Starlight" collection. There's not a bad color in the bunch. And, of course, puns abound.
Colors (left to right, from top): Love Is In My Cards, Ro-man-ce On the Moon, Guys and Galaxies, I'm In the Moon For Love, Cosmo With a Twist, Center of the You-niverse, Give Me Space, Superstar Status, I Drive a Supernova, By the Light of the Moon, Comet Closer, Is This Star Taken?, Infrared-y to Glow, Let Your Love Shine, Ce-less-tial Is More, Press * For Silver, Two Wrongs Won't Make a Meteorite, No More Mr. Night Sky.
Photo: Dior Beauty
Dior is always classic with a twist, and its "State of Gold" holiday lacquer collection is no exception.
Colors: State of Gold, Passion, Gris-Or, Mystere.
Photo: Jin Soon
Jin Soon's "Chinoiserie" collection is luxe and beautiful — even the glitter looks classy.
Colors: Glacé, Cachet, Opulence.
$42 for a set of 3.
Photo: Priti NYC
Kudos to Priti for producing a holiday collection without any red, silver or gold. Instead, the nail brand went for rich metallics for its "Holiday in Cuba" collection.
Colors: Golden Cross, Sapphire Shower, Double Delight, Sky Flower.
Zoya took its Matte Velvet finish, which is a matte for people who hate matte polish, and gave it the jewel tone treatment.
Colors: Yves, Savita, Sue, Amal, Honor, Iris, Aspen.
$10 each, available at Zoya.
Photo: Deborah Lippmann
This Deborah Lippmann trio is not a holiday collection per se — it's actually the "Empire" collection. But nobody is more festive and glamorous than Cookie Lyon.
Colors: Hustle Hard, Power of the Empire, War of the Roses.
$24 for a set of 3.
If you're looking for a classic, tasteful mani, Burberry has your nails covered.
Colors: Military Red no. 300, Festive Gold no. 449.
$22 each, available at Burberry.
Perennially under-the-radar Chicago-based nail polish brand LVX never ceases churning out great collections. Here's another nontraditional holiday/winter collection.
Colors: Saint, Malbec, Lait, Jade, Cirque, Bordeaux.
$16 each, available at LVX.
by Nails Magazine
- NAIL BRACELETS: New trend sees women designing intricate jewellery on their fingernails
- Signature Services: Toasted Coconut Hot chocolate Pedicure
- The 2016 NAHA Finalists Announced!
- New York Salons Must Pay $2 Million in Back Wages
- Why Do Gel Nails Crack? There's A Reason Behind This Annoying Phenomenon
- Face & Body Northern California Adds Nail Pavilion
- Finger lickin’ good — or gross? KFC launches chicken-flavored nail polish in Hong Kong.
- Talking Business: Tami’s Tips & Toes offers relaxing atmosphere
- We Tried Kylie Jenner’s New Nail Polish Collection
- NYC Thief Is Partial to Essie Polish